Maintenance method of large diameter straight seam steel pipe
1. Choose suitable venues and warehouses
(1) The site or warehouse for storing steel pipes should be located in a clean place with unobstructed drainage, far away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases or dust. Weeds and debris are required on the field, and the steel pipes are kept clean.
(2) In the warehouse, it shall not be piled with acid, alkali, salt, cement, and other materials that are corrosive to steel pipes. Different types of steel pipes should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and contact corrosion.
(3) Large section steel, rails, steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air.
(4) Small and medium-sized steel bars, wire rods, steel bars, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires, and wire ropes, etc., can be stored in a ventilated material shed, but the upper part should be under the cushion.
(5) Some small steel pipes, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel sheets, small-caliber or thin-wall steel pipes, various cold-rolled and cold-drawn steel pipes, and high-priced and easily corrosive metal products can be stored in storage.
(6) The warehouse should be selected according to geographical conditions. Generally, an ordinary closed warehouse is used, that is, a warehouse with a roof, a wall, tight doors and windows, and a ventilation device.
(7) The warehouse is required to be ventilated on sunny days, shut down to prevent moisture on rainy days, and always maintain a suitable storage environment.
2. Reasonable stacking, put first
(1) The principle requirement of stacking is to stack according to varieties and specifications under the conditions of stable and guaranteed stacking. Different types of materials should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and mutual corrosion.
(2) It is forbidden to store items that are corrosive to steel pipes near the stack.
(3) The bottom of the stack should be high, firm, and flat to prevent the material from being damp or deformed.
(4) The same materials are stacked separately according to the order of storage, which is convenient to implement the principle of first delivery.
(5) For section steel stacked in the open, there are wooden mats or slabs underneath, and the stacking surface is slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and the materials should be placed flat and straight to prevent bending and deformation.
(6) The stack height should not exceed 1.2m for manual operations, 1.5m for mechanical operations, and 2.5m in stack width.